A place where I can leave my thoughts, ideas, and rants about anything and everything. From my hobbies and life to my pet peeves. Soon this will be just as cluttered as the inside of my head.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Upgrading to a Taco Supreme

Been making several changes to the Toyota Tacoma lately. Since getting it back from the body shop I have added a bull bar with a set of Hella off road lights. I have also mounted a UWS toolbox so I can finally carry extra gear. I hated the provided j hook bolts that UWS used with their toolbox so I ordered two sets of DeeZee toolbox mounting kit. I drilled new holes in the toolbox to have a bolt in each corner instead of one in the center.




I have owned several vehicles and have added electrical accessories to all of them. In the past I used the provided wiring harness and always ended up with a rats nest under the hood with the power wires and inline fuses. With the Tacoma I decided it will be different. I installed a auxiliary fuse box with a 100 amp breaker switch, everything is mounted to a fabricated bracket bolted in the space between the fuse box and brake master cylinder.


Future projects include led lights in the toolbox, leds lights in the bed, auxiliary back-up / work lights, finish the speaker upgrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment