A place where I can leave my thoughts, ideas, and rants about anything and everything. From my hobbies and life to my pet peeves. Soon this will be just as cluttered as the inside of my head.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Reducing closet clutter

Lately I have been taking inventory of everything I wear, or rather what I'm not wearing. I have two closets full of t shirts and long sleeves. I only have a handful of button up shirts and then there is my uniforms for work.  I don't wear over half of what I have stashed away in my closets. I'm ruining shirts by leaving them on the hangers untouched. It is time for a change.

I went through the t shirts in one closet, making three piles of those I pull out, ones I'm donating, ones I want a friend to have, and those that I no longer wear but want to keep for now. Most of these are bike rally and other events I participated in. The shirts that I still wear on a regular basis were left on the hangers in the closet. The rest of this closet was mostly untouched due to everything else usually gets worn.

Decluttering the t shirts made me look at my current footwear. I still have boots from basic training and worn out running shoes. There is even a pair of trail shoes that I don't wear but cannot return since they have been worn on a couple camping trips. These were also put into a pile to be donated.

I still need to attack the other closet, which should be fairly easy side most of it hasn't been worn since I moved two years ago. Once this closet is uncluttered I will start remodeling it to expand it's capacity and allow it be easily organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment