A place where I can leave my thoughts, ideas, and rants about anything and everything. From my hobbies and life to my pet peeves. Soon this will be just as cluttered as the inside of my head.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

They're harboring refugee hipsters

Last night I went out on a date to Eldorado Arkansas. Was planning on showing off this little hole in the wall Italian restaurant I found several months ago but they were closed, gone on vacation. We wandered the streets of the square and found Black Cat witch I assume was a Mexican style restaurant that down played its own identity as one. We both ordered the chicken fried steak with mash potatoes, I do recommend the chicken fried steak, it was great, but the mash potatoes didn't rate all tat great, how can anyone mess up mash potatoes?

After dinner we walked the streets and alleys of the square. Eldorado has been known for the many music festivals it has hosted in recent years. The decorations around the square are a sight to see, 55gal drums recreated into works of art. I found the book exchange phone booths a unique touch, although I thought they should have been painted blue. I also notice the many coffee bars that are located within these few city blocks. Then it hit me, Eldorado is harboring refugee hipsters. These fashion and trend setting sub cultural people are far removed from their native lands. My female companion laughed at this assumption and then asked what exactly is hipster. I asked her to be patient with me. Within the next few minutes I found one in his natural habitat, in the coffee shop trying to ignore the two guys playing music near the door. We on the other hand enjoyed the guys cover of hotel California and few other songs.

Sorry this is where I leave you, the rest of the night was pretty personal between me and my companion about what we discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment