A place where I can leave my thoughts, ideas, and rants about anything and everything. From my hobbies and life to my pet peeves. Soon this will be just as cluttered as the inside of my head.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Setting realistic goals

I have been gong to the gym for six weeks now, lately I hadn't been able to to as often due to a child and then allergies directly afterwards. Hopeful soon I will be able to get back to going every other day. When I started going back in June I made myself two goals; one to weigh under 200lbs and two to be able to squat 200lbs by my birthday in November.

I consider these realistic goals, I calculated the number of times it will take to reach 200lbs squats with adding 5lbs each workout session and there is time in case I reach a plateau and have to push through it. I have also been steady with my eating habits, cannot call it a diet since I'm still eating foods that are bad for me and only been only reducing the daily number of cokes I drink to one instead of removing it completely. On the scale since the end of April, I have only lost a total of 7lbs. But I have also had to take my belt in for notches from where it use to be. I'm losing fat and gain muscle mass, friend suggested I take a tape measure and record my measurements weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment