A place where I can leave my thoughts, ideas, and rants about anything and everything. From my hobbies and life to my pet peeves. Soon this will be just as cluttered as the inside of my head.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sealing multi dimensional cracks in the shower

One of the first projects I tackled after moving in was the shower walls in the bathroom. Before there wasn't a shower, just a bathtub. My cousin had already installed the shower head but never did anything to the bare wood walls. He had the panels there at the house but never had a chance to put them up. I finished out the shower, following the instructions to seal all seams and thought I did a decent job at it.

Two years later everything that I did still looks great but the panel itself has developed tiny cracks in the decorative tile pattern in the "grout" lines. This is either because my bathroom sits in a doorway to another dimension or because the decorative coating is thinner in those areas. Not wanting to risk something escaping through the cracks into our world I asked Andrew at the hardware store what he would recommend to seal of these tiny portals.


Spent a couple hours caulking these grout lines to temporary fix the problem. This was only to prevent further damage to the walls, once I get caught up on a few other projects I'm planning on tearing the panels out and replacing them with fiberglass panels. Our maybe actual

No comments:

Post a Comment